Skip Navigation
Welcome to the Teachers Retirement Association
Home | MyTRA Login | Contact Us | Search | Facebook badge

General Information for Inactive Members

If you did not teach in a Minnesota public school, college or university during the school year, you are an inactive member of the Teachers Retirement Association (TRA). To be considered an inactive member:

To determine your status, contact TRA or set up a MyTRA online account.

Please note that depending on your age and length of teaching service in Minnesota, you retain certain public pension plan rights, including eligibility for either a refund of your employee contributions or a monthly retirement benefit.

How to set up a MyTRA online account

Beneficiary information

Benefit improvement eligibility rule

Combined public service pension available

Deferred distributions required at age 70 1/2

Early retirement reduction tables

Glossary of terms and definitions

Improved Money Purchase program

Leave status

Annual statement

Refund of contributions

Reporting a TRA member's death

Home | Contact Us | Search | Disclaimer | Portal
Available in alternative formats by calling 651.296.2409
©1998-2018 All Rights Reserved.